If you already have an audio file prepared, it is easy to upload and publish to your PodPoint channel. Once published, your media will be automatically become available on your PodPoint page, your embedded on-demand website players, and downloaded automatically by anyone subscribed using the podcast feed.
- Prepare your audio as an .mp3 file.
- Login to your PodPoint account using your email address and password.
- Click “Media” in the sidebar navigation.
- Click the “Upload Media” button.
- Click the “Select File…” button.
- Browse to and select the media file location on your system and click “Open.” Your file should begin uploading immediately.
- Once the media is fully uploaded, you will be directed to the “Edit” page for your new episode. We attempt to pull as much of the information as possible from your media file automatically. Feel free to edit this information or enter additional information, as necessary.
- Uploaded media is published to your channel immediately. If you wish to hide the media until a future date, simply select “Draft” as the episode status on the “Edit” page and click “Save Changes”
- You should now see your new episode on your PodPoint page and available within any on-demand website players. Your iTunes listing should also update and display the new episode within a few hours.
What does “10 Active Sermons/Episodes” mean for the “Audio Starter” plan?
Active (published) episodes are publicly available for streaming and downloading at any time. Inactive (unpublished) episodes are still saved within your private PodPoint account, but they are not accessible publicly. In order to offer the “Audio Starter” plan for free, we apply a limit of three active episodes at any given time. These episodes can be cycled out as many times as you wish. Most ministries using an “Audio Starter” account will unpublish the oldest episode whenever a new media file is ready for uploading. If you choose to upgrade your account in the future, you can easily offer your entire archive without uploading each file again.