No Turning Back Part 3
Series: No Turning Back
January 22, 2017
No Turning Back
Don’t Turn Back When…
1. 1. Don’t turn back when you respond to God’s calling and experience difficulty and failure…because Paul experienced that, too.
Acts 20:22-24 “And now I am on my way to Jerusalem, bound in my spirit, not knowing what I will encounter there, 23 except that in town after town the Holy Spirit testifies to me that chains and afflictions are waiting for me.
24 But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God’s grace.
· Stick it out until you hear Jesus say “Well done,” not just until you feel you are done.
2. 2. Don’t turn back when you suffer insults for doing what is right…because Jesus suffered, too.
Matthew 10:24-25 A disciple is not above his teacher, or a slave above his master. 25 It is enough for a disciple to become like his teacher and a slave like his master. If they called the head of the house ‘Beelzebul,’ how much more the members of his household!
Luke 6:26 Woe to you when all people speak well of you, for this is the way their ancestors used to treat the false prophets.
3. Don’t turn back when you struggle with doubts…Because John the Baptist had doubts, too.
Luke 7:18-23 Then John’s disciples told him about all these things. So John summoned two of his disciples 19 and sent them to the Lord, asking, “Are You the One who is to come, or should we look for someone else?”
20 When the men reached Him, they said, “John the Baptist sent us to ask You, ‘Are You the One who is to come, or should we look for someone else?’”
21 At that time Jesus healed many people of diseases, plagues, and evil spirits, and He granted sight to many blind people. 22 He replied to them, “Go and report to John the things you have seen and heard: The blind receive their sight, the lame walk, those with skin diseases are healed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor are told the good news.
· Don’t forget what you know about when you don’t get what you want from God.
23 And anyone who is not offended because of Me is blessed.”
4. Don’t turn back when you deny God and are ashamed...Because Peter denied God, too.
Luke 22:31-34 “Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
33 “Lord,” he told Him, “I’m ready to go with You both to prison and to death!”
34 “I tell you, Peter,” He said, “the rooster will not crow today until you deny three times that you know Me!”
· However you might be struggling in your walk with Jesus…HE STILL WANTS YOU.
Please have this photo on its own slide, I will make it clear when to bring it up: http://www.imagesfromtexas.com/images/xl/Bluebonnets-at-Sunset-in-San-Saba-1.jpg
Psalms 16: 11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Final Thought: If we don’t let go of Jesus in the midst of difficulty, we will find He is faithful to lead us through the difficulty.
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly