Love Does Part 1 - What Does It Take To Connect
Series: Love Does
March 11, 2018
LOVE DOES: What it takes to connect
§ Recognize how you are wired.
· Everyone has a passion that drives them.
· People view the anointing according to their gifts.
1. Without love, your strength becomes your weakness.
2. It takes love to see beyond your gift and see others.
· Avoid getting upset when people aren’t wired or driven like you are.
1. God has not asked everyone to do everything.
2. God has not asked everyone to do everything the same way.
§ We must know what love is.
· The Corinthians had misconceptions.
1. 1. Idols -- sensual
2. 2. Culture -- selfish
3. 3. Religion -- sadistic
· Christians have misconceptions.
1. 1. Accidental
2. 2. Emotional
3. 3. Disposable
§ Paul gives us fifteen statements to help us get a grip on love.
· Connect more than you correct.
1 Corinthians 13:6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth
1. 1. Be careful about when you power up.
2. 2. In order to lead, you must have thick skin.
3. 3. Whenever you keep score you lose.
· Don’t focus on the wrong things.
1 Corinthians 13:7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things
· What LOVE DOES:
1 Corinthians 13:7-10 Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
1. 1. Bears – Love is the only way you’ll get through some places in life.
2. 2. Believes – Love is the best way to live.
3. 3. Hopes – Love looks for the best.
4. 4. Endures – When it’s all said and done it’s what’s done in love which lasts.
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly