How to Have the Best Year Ever
January 06, 2019
HOW TO HAVE THE BEST YEAR EVER
· This will be the best year of your life if it’s the best year spiritually.
(John 8:31-32 NKJV) Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
· Freedom isn’t the absence of something it is the presence of Someone.
· TRUTH has the power to set you FREE.
THE POWER OF FOUR (OR MORE)
· 57% drop in people getting drunk
· 68% drop in sex outside of marriage
· 61% drop in pornography
· 74% drop in gambling
· 30% drop in loneliness
· 228% increase in people sharing their faith
· 231% increase in people discipling someone
Center for Biblical Engagement: www.c4be.org
3 COMMON EXCUSES
· I don’t have enough time.
· It’s boring.
· I don’t have the discipline to do it.
3 REASONS WHY
· God’s Word will nourish you.
(Matthew 4:4) But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”
· God’s Word will teach you.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17) All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
· God’s Word will change you.
(Proverbs 23:7) For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
(James 1:21-22) Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly