Hope Is Alive
Published April 8, 2020 at 11:18 AM
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly
HOPE IS ALIVE
Revelation 1:17-18 (ESV)
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.
- Jesus was ________ come in the flesh.
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- He died a ____________ death, by _____________.
Galatians 3:1 (AMP) O you poor and silly and thoughtless and unreflecting and senseless Galatians! Who has fascinated or bewitched or cast a spell over you, unto whom—right before your very eyes—Jesus Christ (the Messiah) was openly and graphically set forth and portrayed as crucified?
- He was not ___________ of anything; therefore, He could be a _______________.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
- Jesus _________ again as He said He would.
Matthew 28:1-7 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
- Jesus was _____________________ by as many as 500 people at one time.
1 Corinthians 15:6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.
- They were not _____________ thinkers. They were like Thomas who said, “Unless I see…I will not believe.”
John 20:25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.”
THE RESURRECTION CHANGES EVERYTHING
Revelation 1:9 I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
- Jesus is alive and present in our __________ _____________.
- As you ACCEPT Jesus, the gift of God the Father, you ___________ all that He is and all He can do.
- You will never be ____________ in a place where God’s love won’t seek and _______ you.
- God knows how to ________ _____ in the middle of nowhere.
- You can never be so ________ that God can’t give you ________.
Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet
- Your history can’t be written until Jesus has the _________ __________.
Revelation 1:11 Saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
- The ending may look certain, but _____ ______ ____________.
Revelation 1:13-14 And in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire.
- There is nothing you face which surpasses His _____________.
Revelation 1:18 I am…the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.
- When Jesus rose from the dead, He did it ______ _______.