Greater Than Loneliness
Series: Greater Than
August 19, 2018
GREATER THAN – 5
GOD IS GREATER THAN OUR LONELINESS.
1. Loneliness is not necessarily a problem. What we do when we’re lonely too often is.
2. Loneliness is a deep cry from my soul that says I need something.
3. Loneliness is an invitation, not an accusation.
4. Loneliness is not a sign of inadequacy.
5. Loneliness is a sign of desired intimacy.
HOW WOULD GOD HAVE ME DEAL DIRECTLY WITH MY LONELINESS?
2 Corinthians 5:21 (NIV) God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us,
2 Corinthians 5:21 (NIV) God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Matthew 27:46 (NIV) About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lemasabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”)
1. Jesus overcame loneliness so we could experience intimacy.
2.You cannot be separated from your Creator.
Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
God in us is even more powerful than God with us.
Even though you may experience loneliness, you do not have to be defeated by it.
You can be alone, and not be lonely.
THREE THINGS TO REFUSE TO RISE ABOVE LONELINESS:
1, Refuse to believe the feeling of loneliness.
When my feelings tell me I’m lonely, I tell my feelings I am not alone.
2. Refuse to act out of my loneliness.
3. Refuse to fight loneliness alone.
TEXT MESSAGE PICTURES GO AT THE END OF MESSAGE
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly