Freely - Part 1
November 12, 2017
35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
The Disciples Witness Jesus Doing Miracles:
· Jesus heals a man with leprosy (Matt. 8:1-4)
· Jesus heals the Centurions servant (Matt. 8:5-13)
· Jesus goes on a healing spree (Matt. 8:14-17)
· Jesus calms the storm for the disciples (Matt. 8:23-27)
· Jesus heals two demon possessed men (Matt. 8:28-34)
· Jesus heals a paralytic brought by his friends
· Jesus calls a estranged man named Matthew and speaks to hurt in his life. (Matt. 9:9-12)
· Jesus answers religious leaders with great authority. (Matt. 9:14-17)
· Jesus heals a sick woman on His way to raise up a dead girl. (Matt. 9:18-26)
· Jesus heals the blind and mute (Matt. 9:27-34)
The Disciples Are Sent Out:
37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
I Desire To Do THROUGH You
What I Have Done IN You.
Jesus Says To The Disciples and To Us:
I Have Given You The AUTHORITY As Sons And Daughters
(v. 1) Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
So You May Proclaim My KINGDOM OF MERCY
(v.7) As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’
To The HARASSED and HELPLESS
(V.8) Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons.
Because of What You Have FREELY RECEIVED From Me.
(V.8) Freely you have received; freely give.
1 Peter 2:9-10
9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly