Series: Vision 2020
January 19, 2020
Everyone needs a family, but what kind of family am I looking for? How can finding family benefit me? Vision 2020 Pt. 3
● We exist to bring the good news of Jesus to everyone, everyday, everywhere.
Proverbs 29:18 (MSG) If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; but when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed.
At SAF: We don’t do LIFE ALONE.
Why Do We Gather?
(Following points will be screen only)
● Hear a message
● Worship & sing
● My kids need it
● Make God happy
● Landon is really good looking!
Hebrews 10:25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
1. There is something inherently VALUEABLE in the gathering itself that MATTERS to God and has an IMPACT on us.
One another (slide only)
2. You’re not going to be known by the PLACE you worship but by the PEOPLE you worship with.
● Forgive one another. Ephesians 4:32
● Accept one another. Romans 15:7
● Care for one another. Galatians 6:2
● Encourage one another. Hebrews 3:13
● Submit to one another. Ephesians 5:21
● Bear with one another. Colossians 3:13
● Carry one another’s burdens. Galatians 6:2
● Love on another. John 13:34
3. One of the primary activities of the early church was “ONE-ANOTHERING” one another.
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
4. When you find family, you find a people who know how to CONSIDER one another.
● SPUR one another.
● ENCOURAGE on another.
● Be PRESENT with one another.
● Be OPEN with one another.
James 5:16 (NLT) Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
Three qualities of great families:
● We have REFRIGERATOR rights.
Acts 2:44 All the believers were together and they had everything in common.
● We all have FLAWED FEET.
Romans 15:7 Accept one another then just as Christ accepted you.
2 Samuel 9:13 And Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem because he always ate at the king's table. He was lame in both feet.
“Honor is placing a crown on someone’s head and watching them grow into it.” – E. Stanley Jones
● We fight LIONS.
1 Peter 5:8 be alert and of sober judgment, b/c you’re enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly