Confessions of a Christian Part 1
October 11, 2015
Pastor Landon Henry
For Downloadable Notes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzfgQEpx_4vOZ2dpR01wYW4zS00/view?usp=sharing
"CONFESSIONS OF A CHRISTIAN - 1"
- “I don’t always feel like praying.”
Why people don’t feel like praying:
- You're not sure God will answer your prayers.
- You're not sure you really know how to pray.
- You get bored praying.
- You think your requests are too small to bother God.
Prayer - communicating with God. It’s not talking to God or about God but with God.
1) Jeremiah: Pray honestly.
20:7 O LORD, you deceived me, and I was deceived; you overpowered me
and prevailed. I am ridiculed all day long; everyone mocks me.
Two Prayer Don'ts:
· Don't pray to be seen.
Matthew 6:5 And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray… to be seen by men.
· Don't pray long, empty prayers.
Mark 12:40 They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."
2) David: Pray creatively.
Psalm 5:1-2 Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
· Try writing your prayers.
· Try praying during routine tasks.
· Try praying in different places.
· Try praying in different positions.
· Try praying by listening to God.
3) Nehemiah: Pray about everything.
2:4-5 The king said to me, 'What is it you want?' Then I prayed to the
God of heaven, and I answered the king…
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
4) Hannah: Pray continually.
Samuel 1:12-13 As she kept on praying to the LORD, Eli observed her mouth.
Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Content Copyright Belongs to San Angelo First Assembly