The Gathered Assembly | Various Passages
Series: Rediscover Church
March 06, 2022
Pastor Joshua Lim
Do we actually need to meet in-person for church? With a prolonged season of isolation and the availability of livestreamed services, many might be wondering if gathering together is really that necessary. But at the core, the church is a gathered assembly (the "ekklesia"). While there are many challenges to gathering together in our day and age, we gather together as the church because we are an earthly embassy of Christ's heavenly kingdom. As such, when the church gathers together, we enjoy the blessings of transcendent experience, transformative power, relational intimacy, and missional momentum.
- Matthew 16:13-19
- A church is an earthly embassy of Christ's heavenly Kingdom.
- A church is not a church until it gathers together.
- Blessing #1: Transcendent Experience
- Matthew 17:6-8
- Blessing #2: Relational Intimacy
- 1 John 3:18
- Blessing #3: Transformative Power
- Proverbs 27:17
- Blessing #4: Missional Momentum
- Matthew 28:18-20
Content Copyright Belongs to OMC: Family Chapel