Prayers of the Righteous | James 5:13-20
November 01, 2020
Pastor Daniel Lee
Waiting and enduring well with full integrity of faith until the end is something that we are not to do alone. We need accountability and help in times of need. And the best way to provide both is in prayer. We need to actively pray for those who may not be well, and we need to persistently seek to turn back those who may be straying. In this way, we will help each other live a life consistent with our faith that endures to the end.
- Pray to God in all situations
- James 5:13
- Pray to God for the health of the church body
- James 5:14-16a - Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.
- Trust in the power of prayer
- James 5:16b-18 - The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
- Care for those who may wander
- James 5:19-20
Content Copyright Belongs to OMC: Family Chapel