Series: 1 - 2 Samuel
July 28, 2019
Pastor Joshua Lim
With David's rise, we see the various markers of jealousy through Saul. At its root, jealousy comes from a restless heart that rejects God as King. Thus, the solution to our jealousy is found in contentment living for God's Kingdom rather than for our own kingdoms.
- 1. Jealousy cannot celebrate the accomplishments of others.
- 1 Samuel 18:6-9
- 2. Jealousy seeks the failure of others.
- 1 Samuel 18:10-11
- 3. Jealousy is willing to hurt oneself to hurt others.
- 1 Samuel 18:17-19
- 1 Samuel 18:20-25
- 4. Jealousy ultimately leads to fear.
- 1 Samuel 18:12
- 1 Samuel 18:15
- 1 Samuel 18:28-29
- Jealousy is rooted in a restless heart that rejects God as King.
- The solution to jealousy is contentment in living for God's Kingdom.
Content Copyright Belongs to OMC: Family Chapel