Fear No Evil
February 11, 2018
The sixth sermon in a series of messages from the book of Psalms. On this week, we continue the "series within the series" with a focus on the twenty-third chapter of Psalms. As we look at the fourth verse of this familiar chapter we are reminded of God's protection as we journey through the "darkest of valleys".
Psalm 23:4 ... Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Sometimes even the RIGHT path can lead to a SCARY place
1. Fear not ... God is WITH you
Hebrews 13:5-6 ... for He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
2. Fear not ... God is PROTECTING you
2nd Corinthians 4:8-9 ... We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
3. Fear not … God is COMFORTING you
Revelation 21:4 ... He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
Challenge: When tempted to be PARALYZED by fear, remember that fear is PARALYZED by God
- What decision has fear kept you from making?
- What conversation has fear kept you from having?
- What obstacle has fear kept you from overcoming?
- What thing has fear kept you from trying?
- Now… How will knowing that God is with you, protecting you, and comforting you make a difference?
Content Copyright Belongs to New Horizons Christian Church