The Thing That Should Not Be
May 11, 2022
Listen on Mixlr @ http://mixlr.com/pastorgbcsl My Radio Stream @ http://s36.myradiostream.com:21402/listen.mp3 Watch us on You Tube Live @ htttp://www.youtube.com/gracechurch-slus/live Grace Baptist Church Podcast https://podpoint.com/grace-baptist-church-of-second-life-podcast
I. Jesus’ Grand Plan :To build his Church
The kind of family:
● Where people deeply love each other from the heart.
● Where we use our gifts to sacrificially serve each other.
● Where we don’t act judgmental when one of us sins, but we restore one another with humility and gentleness.
● A family where gossip and slander are as repulsive as eating trash and kindness and compassion are the motivating impulses behind every action.
● Where love is the law and humility is the governing attitude
II. When Church is Made into Something Else
22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
1 Cor 13:22-26
III. Church Off the Rails
17 In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good.
18 In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it
19 No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval.
20 So then, when you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat,
21 for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22 Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!
IV. Hope for a Church Off the Rails
The Solution for a CHurch off the rails: We cultivate love for Christ and each another.
Without love, our good deeds don’t matter. Without love, the exercise of spiritual gifts is hollow. “If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. (1 Cor. 13:3, The Message)
● When love takes a backseat in the church, pride sits in the driver’s seat.
● When love for Christ wains, then gluttony becomes our passion.
● When love for each other fades, self-seeking and personal agendas become our focus.
Application: When love for Christ and each other in a church is our central commitment, then…
Content Copyright Belongs to Grace Baptist Church of Second Life