There's An App For That Part 4. Unconditional Love
November 08, 2010
Pastor Brian Hurst
4. Unconditional Love
Genesis 1:27 (NIV) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
The Image of God
- Four Greek words for love:
a. Phileo – _______________ love
b. Eros – ________________ attraction
c. Storge – ______________ love
d. Agape – ______________
- This love is the attribute of ___________________.
1 John 4:7-8 (NIV) Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- God created man to be the object of his love and to, like a mirror, reflect his love back to him.
Matthew 24:10-12 (NIV) At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
- When you embrace lawlessness, it will ___________ the love of God in your life and thereby produce failure.
Love Never Fails
- 1 Cor 13:1-8
Applying Uncinditional Love:
1. What I _______________________ (Logos)
- One of the greatest lessons to learn in life is that ________________________.
Proverbs 18:21 (NIV) The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
2. How I ____________________ (Pathos)
- It’s one thing to speak the truth, it’s another to _________ __________________________.
Ephes. 4:15 (NIV) …speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
3. Who _________________ (Ethos)
- God wants not only to change what we say and do and how we say and do it, he wants to change the ________ ____________________.
- How does God change us? How do we move from failures to successes?
Romans 5:5 (NIV) And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
- This requires us to open _______________________.
God is love
God created me in his image
Love never fails.
Content Copyright Belongs to Ridgecrest Calvary Assembly